Tuesday 16 July 2013

Attention all UK Ethical Designers: Design an Ecochic Outfit for Whitney Port

Let me start by saying this isn't normally the type of thing I write about here at Kindness by Design but I think it's a brilliant opportunity to showcase ecofashion to a mainstream audience! It's important to note that I have not been paid in any way to write this - it's pure me :)

Whitney Port (Image Source)
So here's the deal - I received an email from TalentHouse announcing that Venus & Olay are inviting all UK and Ireland based fashion designers to create a two-piece outfit for their Golden Goddess Ambassador Whitney Port. 

The winning designer will see their creation modeled by Whitney Port as part of an exclusive feature with Glamour Magazine and receive a £1,000 bursary towards their creative work. 

Whitney at the launch party for Who What Wear's new home decor site (Image Source)

Now my initial reaction to this information was - well there doesn't seem to be anything eco/ethical about this competition - then I realised that we the KBD Community could make it so! I've featured so many astoundingly talented ecofashion designers from the UK and I would love nothing more than to see one of these inspiring creatives win this competition. Imagine having Whitney Port wearing and talking about her gorgeous new sustainable outfit to a mainstream audience? Brilliant! Designs need to be submitted by August 7th - all other details can be found here

Let me know if you do enter - Good Luck! x

1 comment: